Lindsay Charles has dedicated her practice around helping seriously injured individuals and their families who have been in motor vehicle accidents, and wrongful death cases.
- Consistently ranked as one of the Top Ten Personal Injury Boutique law firms by Canadian Lawyer Magazine
- Lexpert® ranked law firm, based on extensive peer review process
- McLeish Orlando is a recognized leader in wrongful death and personal injury law, exclusively representing individuals who have suffered serious personal injury or have lost a loved one through the negligence of others
About Lindsay Charles
Lindsay Charles joined McLeish Orlando as a law student, and following her call to the bar, she was hired to the firm as an Associate Lawyer. Lindsay’s practice is devoted exclusively to plaintiffs’ personal injury and wrongful death cases, including motor vehicle collisions, occupiers’ liability, products liability, medical negligence, and disability benefits claims.
Lindsay regularly appears at the Superior Court of Justice and the License Appeal Tribunal. Lindsay has been co-counsel on a precedent-setting arbitration to restore denied benefits and on a precedent-setting motion to have a fraudulent conveyance action proceed concurrently with a personal injury action.
Lindsay devotes time to educating the personal injury bar at different speaking engagements. The Law Society of Ontario and the Ontario Bar Association regularly ask Lindsay to speak at conferences. She is also asked to speak at a variety of conferences geared towards health care professionals in Ontario.
Lindsay also dedicates time to publishing papers and articles in textbooks and conferences. Lindsay is a co-editor of the Oatley-McLeish Guide to Personal Injury Practice in Motor Vehicle Cases, a contributor to the Lexis Nexis Practice Advisor database, a contributor to The LAT Handbook: Dispute Resolution Procedure for Accident Benefits Guide, and a contributor to the McLeish Orlando Accident Benefits Guide.
Before pursuing her law degree, Lindsay was the captain of the McMaster varsity swim team and represented her school at Provincial and National championships.
In her free time, Lindsay enjoys early morning F45 workouts, training for triathlons, skiing, golfing, and taking her dog Austin to the park.
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Juris Doctor – 2013
- University of Detroit Mercy, School of Law, Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Juris Doctor – 2013
- McMaster University, Faculty of Social Science, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- B.A., Honours Bachelor of Arts – 2010
- Ontario, 2014
Lindsay was also on the Board of Directors for the Brain Injury Association of Durham since 2016.