David MacDonald is a highly respected trial lawyer and senior partner at McLeish Orlando with over 25 years of experience in representing the most seriously injured trauma victims and their families in Ontario. He has been recognized with the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent designation for personal injury trauma representation, the highest levels of skill and integrity awarded by leading insurance and personal injury lawyers.
- Recognized as a Certified Specialist (Civil Litigation)
- Ranked most frequently by LEXPERT® , the highest ranking a lawyer can receive
- Chosen by his peers for inclusion in Best Lawyers® in Canada since 2017
About David MacDonald
David takes great pride in working closely with his clients and exceptional rehabilitation professionals, devoting his full efforts to helping his clients recover and work towards restoring meaningful and productive lives, while receiving maximum compensation for their losses. His clients come from all over Ontario, including major cities such as Toronto, Ottawa, Windsor, and Hamilton, as well as smaller towns such as Thunder Bay, Sudbury, Barrie, and Sault Ste. Marie.
David is a Certified Specialist in Civil Litigation by the Law Society of Ontario and is recognized as consistently recommended for Personal Injury Litigation in The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory. He is acknowledged by Martindale-Hubbell® as an expert in Personal Injury Litigation and was named in The Best Lawyers™ in Canada.
In addition to his legal practice, David has been a passionate advocate for fair laws for pedestrian, motorcycle, and car accident victims for over 20 years. He has served as a board member of the Peel Halton, Toronto, and Hamilton Brain Injury Associations and has been appointed by the Ontario government to the Superintendent’s Executive Committee to implement Ontario’s Auto Reforms.
David is also a respected author and lecturer, regularly speaking to lawyers, adjusters, and healthcare professionals across Ontario on Catastrophic Injury Determination. He has been a guest lecturer on Litigation Experts at The University of Western Ontario and the University of Ottawa Faculties of Law.
David has conducted and won many personal injury trials and arbitrations arising from pedestrian, motorcycle, and car accidents, including successful trials against municipalities for improper signage and improper road maintenance in snow and ice cases.
David offers free initial in-person consultations at hospitals or clients’ homes and can be reached at 416-366-3311. He is committed to helping his clients develop meaningful lives after tragedy strikes and protecting them for all their future financial needs. David, his wife Margaret, and their four boys live in Mississauga, his hometown. David enjoys practicing law at McLeish Orlando with his sons Chris and Jon.
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Western Ontario (1986)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law (1989)
- Martindale-Hubbell® Ranked Lawyer, Rated Preeminent®
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Insurance Executive Section of The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- The Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers Association
- Founding and Executive member of the Toronto Brain Injury Awareness Month Organizing Committee
- Served on the Board of Directors of the Hamilton Regional Brain Injury Program and the Peel Halton Brain Injury Association
- Served as Executive of the Insurance Section of the Canadian Bar Association-Ontario
- Served as Executive of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Member of FAIR (Fair Association of Victims for Accident Insurance Reform)