Selina is a passionate advocate who is committed to assisting those who have suffered a serious personal injury. She works closely with family members and rehabilitation specialists to ensure that each client gets the best medical care possible in order to get back to their life. She also aggressively advances every client’s claim against insurance companies, to secure the future of her clients.
Selina Andrello obtained her law degree from the University of Windsor in 2013 and finished in the top 10% of her graduating class. In addition to her law degree, Selina holds an Honours degree in Political Science from Wilfrid Laurier University.
While in law school, Selina held a number of appointed positions, including acting as the student representative on the Academic Planning and Law Reform Committees, Faculty Council for two terms and was the Founder and Chair of the Law Students’ Articling Working Group. She was the recipient of a number of student awards for her academic achievements and demonstrated leadership in the law school community.
Her areas of practice include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, cycling injuries and fatal accidents. Before joining McLeish Orlando, Selina practiced corporate law at a leading multinational law firm.
Selina chose to practice personal injury because she wanted to work in a fulfilling career – one that was dedicated to helping individuals during times of need and working with them as they overcome adversities and rebuild their futures.
Selina is currently a Corporate Leader at SickKids Foundation and acts as Secretary of the Ontario Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division Executive. She also teaches at Humber College in the Law Clerk diploma program. This semester Selina is teaching the Litigation 2 course, which focuses on the practices and procedures of civil litigation, in particular, the steps in an action from the discovery stage to trial.
In her spare time Selina enjoys spending time with family and friends, running, and creative writing.
Expertise & News
- Ontario Bar Association: Ontario Bar Association: Breach of Confidence – An Emerging Tort
- Blog: Common Safety Issues Faced By Frontline Healthcare Providers
- Blog: Navigating Short Term and Long Term Disability: The Basics
- Blog: Myths About Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
- Blog: Safety on the Water
- Humber College: Selina Andrello’s Full Circle Back to Humber College
- Class of 1982 Leadership Award, 2013
- Raymond E. Brown Alumni Prize in the Law of Torts, 2013
- Blake, Cassels, and Graydon LLP Prize, 2013
- Alex Fraser & Eva Shumer Goldberg Scholarship in Law, 2013
- McTague Law Firm LLP Award, 2013
- Pace Law Firm Prizes for Excellence in Immigration and Torts, 2013
- Gale Cup Moot, Finalist, 2012
- Zuber Moot, Honourable Mention, 2012
- Academic Award of Excellence (Top Ranked Student in Paralegal Program at Humber College), 2009
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Advocates’ Society
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Young Women in Law
- Public Affairs Liaison, Ontario Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division Executive
- Founder of the annual Dodging For Dollars Dodgeball Tournament in support of SickKids
- Corporate Leader, SickKids Foundation
- Volunteer Lawyer, Child Advocacy Project
- Student Mentor, Laws In Action Within Schools
- Annual Charity Gala Subcommittee, Young Women in the Law
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law
- Juris Doctor (2013)
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Faculty of Arts
- B.A. (Honours) Political Science, 2006