Josh’s practice is devoted exclusively to plaintiffs’ personal injury and wrongful death cases, including occupiers’ liability and disability benefits claims.
Josh Nisker was admitted to the Law Society of Upper Canada in 2007. He obtained his law degree from the University of Western Ontario in 2006 (With Distinction), and subsequently completed his Master of Laws (LL.M.) at Trinity Hall, at the University of Cambridge, in 2008.
Josh is a partner on Patrick Brown’s team. His practice is devoted exclusively to plaintiffs’ personal injury and wrongful death cases, including occupiers’ liability and disability benefits claims. Prior to becoming a personal injury lawyer Josh practiced commercial real estate law at a leading Canadian law firm.
Josh has published on Canadian privacy law, American criminal justice, and Shakespeare. His article “Only God Can Judge Me: Tupac Shakur, the Legal System, and Lyrical Subversion” has been taught as part of the curriculum at a number of Canadian universities.
Josh is a member of the Advocates’ Society, the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, the Ontario Bar Association, and the Canadian Bar Association. In 2015 Josh sat on the executive of the Insurance Law group of the Ontario Bar Association.
In his spare time Josh enjoys spending time with his family and taking his dog to the park.
Expertise & News
- Mamado v. Fridson, 2016 ONSC 4080 (CanLII)
- McMillan v. Adeite and State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, 2016 ONSC 3918 (CanLII)
- Evtropova v. Minister of Education, 2015 ONSC 332 (CanLII)
- Smith v. Smith, 2012 ONSC 5872 (CanLII)
- Toronto Transit Commission Insurance Company Limited and The Estate of Reuben Marcus (13 January 2014), FSCO A12-006408
- Toronto Transit Commission Insurance Company Limited and The Estate of Reuben Marcus, Deceased, by its Executor, Amy Marcus (19 September 2014), FSCO P14-00005
- The Advocates’ Society
- The Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Ontario Brain Injury Association
- Spinal Cord Injury Ontario
- The Canadian Bar Association
- Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge
- LL.M. (2008)
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Law
- LL.B. (2006)
- Honours: With Distinction
- Huron University College (University of Western Ontario)
- B.A. (Hons.) (2003)
- Honours: With Distinction
- Major: English
- AdvocateDaily.com: Expert testimony in spotlight in chronic pain case
- AdvocateDaily.com: New partner at McLeish Orlando LLP
- Law Times: Focus: Ruling criticizes ‘consensus reports’
- Guest lecturer, Negotiation course, University of Toronto Law School, February 13, 2017
- The Scope of Discovery. Discovery and Beyond – Winning Strategies for the Young Lawyer. Ontario Bar Association. March 8, 2017
- Update on Threshold. The Oatley McLeish Guide to Motor Vehicle Litigation 2017. March 31, 2017