Salvatore is a partner at McLeish Orlando LLP. He was called to the Ontario Bar in 2000. After practicing insurance defence litigation, he joined McLeish Orlando LLP in 2003. Since then, his practice has been restricted to personal injury, products liability and wrongful death cases, acting exclusively on behalf of injured people and their family members.
Salvatore has appeared as counsel before various levels of Ontario courts, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal and the Canadian Pension Plan Review Tribunal. He lectures and publishes on trial advocacy and all matters related to actions for personal injury and wrongful death.
He is a frequent speaker at various continuing legal education programs, including those of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Ontario Trial Lawyers' Association, the Canadian Institute, the Advocates Society and the Canadian Defence Lawyers association.
He is a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Ontario Bar Association, the Ontario Trial Lawyers' Association, The Canadian Bar Association and the Advocates' Society.
- Ontario, 2000
- University of New Brunswick, Faculty of Law, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
- Bachelor of Laws - March, 1998
- University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts - March, 1994
- Contingencies; Loss of Interpersonal Relationships; the Material Contribution Test; and Punitive, Exemplary and Aggravated Damages. The Modern Law of Damages, (Co-Author), The Law Society of Upper Canada. Special Lectures, 2005
- The Oatley-McLeish Guide to Personal Injury, (Co-Author with Roger G. Oatley), Canada Law Book, 2002
- The New Costs Grid – How much can you get? How can you get it? The Law Society of Upper Canada, The Oatley-McLeish Guide to Personal Injury Practice in Motor Vehicle Cases, January 24, 2003
- Leading the Right Evidence to Meet a Newly Defined Threshold – Has the Forest Changed or Just the Trees? , The Law Society of Upper Canada. The Oatley-McLeish Guide to Personal Injury Practice in Motor Vehicle Cases, November 6, 2003
- Ten Tips for Managing Paper at Trial. The Law Society of Upper Canada, The Oatley-McLeish Guide to Personal Injury Practice in Motor Vehicle Cases, February 4, 2004
- Marshalling the Evidence Before Discovery, Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, Playing to Win – Levelling the Playing Field in Auto Insurance Claims, May 26, 2006
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association