Joseph “Joe” Cescon has been a member of the firm since 2008. Initially drawn to the study of law intending to work as a legal scholar and professor, Joe shifted his focus after the tragic loss of a family member in a work accident. Intent on advocating for victims’ rights, Joe sought out an articling position with McLeish Orlando in 2009. Since that time, Joe has devoted his practice entirely to representing injured people and their family members. A passionate advocate, Joe strives to assist his clients in both their recovery and the pursuit of their future goals.
In 2013, Joe opened the Kitchener-Waterloo office of McLeish Orlando. Committed to giving back to the community where he grew up, Joe is looking forward to bringing McLeish Orlando’s expertise to clients in Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge, Stratford, Milton and surrounding areas.
Before joining McLeish Orlando as an articling student, Joe worked as a research and teaching assistant to two of his legal professors at Western.
Joe was appointed to the Board of Directors of the Brain injury Association of Waterlo0-Wellington in 2013. He is a member of the Ontario Bar Association, the Ontario Trial Lawyers' Association and the Advocates' Society.
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiffs' Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Disability Insurance
- Wrongful Death
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Birth Injuries
- Ontario, 2009
- University of Western Ontario, Faculty of Law, London, Ontario, Canada - 2008
- Dalhousie University
- B.A. - 2005
- Honours: With Honors
- Major: Philosophy and Contemporary Studies
- University of King's College - 2005
- Faculty Member, National Expert Witness Academy, Advocates’ Society, May 2 & 3, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Ontario Trial Lawyers' Association, Member
- Advocates' Society, Member